Back in 2011, I did my first cooking segment on 207. I was still producing the show at the time, but making the transition to on-air contributor too. I was thrilled to finally get a crack at my first cooking segment after many years of producing them.
I picked a Whiskey Apples recipe for the Thanksgiving week theme. It’s like an apple pie you can have for dinner. Over the years, it has become a family favorite. I should note the only reason I’m posting it here is because it no longer lives on the WCSH6.com website, but the rights are reserved to Gannett/Tegna (not sure who these days). Safe to say, this is “courtesy WCSH6.” Recipe below the video:
4 LARGE MACINTOSH APPLES
6-8 TBSP BUTTER (1 ½ – 2 TBSP/APPLE), diced
1 CUP SUGAR ( ¼ – 1/3 CUP/APPLE)
3-4 TBSP WHISKEY (OR TO TASTE)
• Peel and slice apples & combine them with butter & sugar in a small saucepan.
• Cook at medium heat until apples are tender.
• Add whiskey & cook another 2-3 minutes
• This is a very flexible recipe- feel free to play with measurements to taste, and try Cortland, Fuji or Granny Smith for a different texture.
• Great with turkey, pork, pasta or as a dessert alone or with ice cream, pound cake or butter cookies.
• Jack Daniels makes a honey whiskey that might also be tasty.